Day Thirty Five:

2:10pm
Location: My kiosk (of all places!) at the Prudential Center
Significant Clothing: Black dress, green scarf, glasses, hair pulled back in braids

A young man was standing near Chico's with his friend, which is close to my kiosk. He was tall and thin (about 6'2"), he had short black hair, a black wool jacket, and a tan leather bag slung over his shoulder. He probably likes jazz and tomato and mozzarella sandwiches. His friend (who isn't important) had red hair. I knew he could see me so I did the usual sit-and-look-cute routine which I've had time to master since I've worked here. As they walked by, we looked and smiled at each other through the bag display window. He kept walking, looked back, and we smiled at each other again. Although there was no conversation, I felt like this was more genuine somehow. Here's hoping.



3:15pm
Location: Kiosk

He just walked by again! He said "hi" this time.



4:18pm
Location: Kiosk

This is ridiculous. He just came up to the kiosk this time and asked where someone who's new to the city could find a job. He's from Cape Cod, and he definitely doesn't listen to jazz. This is exciting; I'll keep you updated.